Targeted Youth Support Service (TYSS)
Targeted Youth Support Service (TYSS) is a strengths based program that supports young people to identify and achieve their goals.
TYSS supports young people aged 10-18 who are identified as having significant and/or multiple risk factors, are at risk of homelessness, and without intervention, could result in child protection involvement or escalation into the youth justice system.
The purpose of TYSS is to support young people in achieving the following:
- Improved developmental outcomes
- Healthier Wellbeing and safety
- Decreased offending and/ or reoffending
- Reduced individual and family risk factors and/ or reduced impact of risk factors coupled with increased protective factors
- Fewer notifications/re-notifications to child protection services
- Increased levels of connectedness with family, community and schools
- Stability in accommodation and reduced risk of homelessness/inappropriate accommodation
- Better capability to maintain tenancy.
What the service can help with
Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
Employment, transition, mentoring, training
Financial information and/or support
Housing and homelessness
Identity and gender related issues
Personal safety against all forms of abuse, neglect or exploitation
Problematic sexualised behaviours
Reducing offending behaviours
Sexual and reproductive health
Social and emotional development
Suicide or self-harming behaviour
How the service is delivered
Coordination of Services
Cultural and/or Recreational Activities
Information, Advice and Education
Intake and Assessment
Services are available for
Age eligibility for children
10 - 18
To access the service, clients
Must live in Brighton; Central Highlands; Clarence City; Derwent Valley; Glamorgan/Spring Bay; Sorell; Tasman
Eligibility depends on the age and risk factors of the young person.
Cost of service
Is a referral required?
Strong Families, Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line
How do clients access the service?
Client responsible for transportation to service
Transportation can be provided
Home visits can be provided
2b Myella Drive Berriedale, TAS 7011
1800 171 233
Being loved and safe
Having material basics
Having a positive sense of culture and identity