The Smith Family
Learning for Life Program
The Learning for Life program helps each child to reach their potential by supporting their education from primary through to post-school studies. The program provides:
- Support from a Learning for Life team member who assists families overcome issues impacting on attendance, support key transitions (for example from primary to high school) and provide information on services available.
- Access to additional educational programs.
- Financial support to assist with costs related to education such as books, uniforms and excursions.
The Learning for Life program is a partnership between the child’s and The Smith Family. Parents or guardians commit to:
- Supporting regular school attendance
- Returning a yearly progress report for each child
- Providing a copy school report yearly for each child
- Maintaining contact with The Smith Family The program does not provide one off financial assistance. Participants must be based at one of the following partner schools:
- South: Primary Schools: Austins Ferry, Gagebrook, Herdsmans Cove, East Derwent, Windermere High Schools: Montrose Bay, Jordan River Learning Federation Colleges: Claremont College
- North: Primary Schools: East Tamar, Invermay, Mowbray Heights, Waverley, St Leonards, Ravenswood High Schools: Brooks and Queechy Colleges: Newstead
- North West: Primary Schools: Table Cape, Montello, Romaine Park, Havenview, Yolla (District) High Schools: Wynyard, Parklands Colleges: Hellyer
What the service can help with
Education, including provision of education and programs addressing exclusion
How the service is delivered
Information, Advice and Education
Services are available for
Parents and Carers
Age eligibility for children
4 - 24
To access the service, clients
Must be a health care card holder
Be attending a partnered school.To remain on the scholarship program families must keep receipts of educational expenses and be able to show these as requested, as well as return partnership paperwork (e.g. student profiles and student reports).
Cost of service
Is a referral required?
From partnered school
How do clients access the service?
Client responsible for transportation to service