Department of Education - Early Childhood Intervention Service
Early Childhood Intervention Service – Launceston
The Early Childhood Intervention Service (ECIS) is a service provided by the Tasmanian Department of Education.
Early intervention services are based on the idea that help for young children with delays or disabilities works best when parents and professionals work together as partners.
Early Childhood Intervention Service provide individual services that focus on issues that are important to you. This may include supporting your child’s learning and development through everyday activities and daily life schedules or providing information about other services.
Our programs aim to:
- Strengthen family enjoyment and engagement in positive interactions with their child
- Strengthen family understanding of their child’s abilities and particular learning styles
- Strengthen family confidence in supporting their child’s learning
- Strengthen family knowledge and skills in accessing other relevant services in the community for their children.
- Support children and families to successfully access community settings.
What the service can help with
Education, including provision of education and programs addressing exclusion
Social and emotional development
How the service is delivered
Coordination of Services
Information, Advice and Education
Services are available for
Age eligibility for children
0 - 6
To access the service, clients
Diagnosed disability or Developmental delays and Premature baby monitoring.
Cost of service
Mixture of free and fee-paying
Fees can be waived if client is unable to pay
Is a referral required?
No referral required
How do clients access the service?
Client responsible for transportation to service
Transportation can be provided
Home visits can be provided
11a Munford Street Kings Meadows, 7249
(03) 6344 1729
Being loved and safe